Spa treatments in the Caribbean
by Jason Hulott
A visit to a spa is a delightful indulgence. A visit to a spa set among the shimmering waters and glistening sands of the Caribbean takes that definition of indulgence to still greater heights.
And put away visions of health spas offering frugal diets and gruelling exercise regimes – spa treatments at Caribbean resorts are comfortable, luxurious and the height of sheer relaxation.
Our mission here at AZUZOO is to bring together that perfect combination of top-class hotels with spas that are situated on some of the most appealing, laid back islands of the Caribbean.
So, let’s take a brief look at just a handful of them:
Galley Bay Resort and Spa, Antigua
- there are hideaways aplenty here on the sleepy island of Antigua, where the carefully combines refinement and luxury in a completely unpretentious fashion;
- it is a boutique resort, but that doesn’t stop it having nearly 100 guest rooms and cottages, all set in some 40 acres of tropical gardens stretching down to the beach;
- keep active during the day with any number of water sports, tennis courts or take to the jogging trails, before whiling away tranquil evenings at select cocktail parties, to the sound of live music;
- for pure indulgence, the spa features three massage areas – two of which are rustic, rough-hewn, open-air treatment pods, a romantic “his-and-hers” treatment pod with two massage tables overlooking the wonderful lagoon and the third, open-air relaxation pod where you will be able to enjoy the spa pool and surrounding deck, either before or after treatment;
Sugar Beach, St Lucia
- the luxurious Sugar Beach resort on St Lucia offers spa treatment that is authentically tropical – the spa itself is built across purpose-designed cabanas high above the floor of the rain forest below and treatments incorporate local tropical produce made of coconut, banana and cocoa butter;
- the resort sprawls graciously across 100 acres of rain forest on the site of a former sugar plantation and is dominated by the World Heritage-designated Pitons;
- if you are into action holidays, this is where you will find probably the best fitness and sports facilities on the island, with fitness professionals offering a variety of boot camp style fitness classes, yoga, Pilates and aerobics; Personal training can be tailored to suit individual needs and includes interval training on the nearby hills which surround the resort, weight-lifting in the gym and even targeted weight loss regimens;
- an altogether more intimate environment may be found staying at one of the only 16 cottages that comprisethe boutique resort of Laluna on the island of Grenada;
- casual chic meets a stylishness that makes Laluna an especially romantic hideaway, offering its own open-air pavilion for yoga and Pilates, or indulging in Indonesian spa treatments and products applied by specially-trained Balinese therapists;
- for those who require something a bit more energetic, in a gym setting, Laluna offers a treadmill and mini step machine, stationary bicycle as well as free weights and weight machine;
Sandy Lane, Barbados
- if you are looking for high-end spas in the Caribbean, it won’t be long before you come across Sandy Lane, on Barbados, since it’s perhaps the best-known hotel and resort in the whole region frequented by celebrities;
- it will strike you immediately that no expense has been spared in the development of this resort and its luxurious facilities – which include no fewer than three golf courses, each one of which is the envy of the Caribbean;
Four Seasons Resort Nevis, Saint Kitts and Nevis
- the tiny island of Nevis is home to the Four Seasons Resort, with nearly 200 rooms spread across its cabana-style beach houses;
- its amenities include a full-service spa and salon, no fewer than three infinity swimming pools, watersports, tennis courts (and an internationally-renowned tennis coach), and 18-hole golf course;
- set amongst lush vegetation and colourful blooms, The Spa at Four Seasons Resort Nevis is truly an authentic Caribbean sanctuary, where homage is paid to the organic bounty of the plants used in the teas, rituals and treatments. Pamper yourself with a volcanic stone hot water pool and a Japanese inspired cold-plunge pool whilst taking in the views of Nevis Peak;
Carlisle Bay, Antigua
- one of the smaller hotels, as far as many other Caribbean spa resorts go, Carlisle Bay goes to prove that very good things come in small packages;
- blended with the intimacy of this boutique resort are health and indulgence treatments from facials to body wraps, scrubs and massages, a sauna, wet room and yoga pavilion.
- apart from nine tennis courts and a state-of-the-art fitness centre, the Blue Spa at Carlisle Bay offers guests a wide variety of pure, natural treatments which complement their juice bar, sauna, Pilates and yoga;
But this is just a small selection of some of the spa treatment in which you might want to indulge. Contact us here at AZUZOO on 0800 810 8210 or email email@example.com and we’ll match all the luxury, relaxation and indulgence you crave in your own tailored-made Caribbean holiday.